MORE THAN 5 CRORE RUPEES SCHOLARSHIPS TO STUDENTS OF VARIOUS CATEGORIES
With the objective of encouraging meritorious students and academic excellence, many scholarships are offered for deserving candidates. The quantum of scholarship and the number of scholarships are subject to change from time to time. Changes, if any will be updated in our website.
Candidates admitted to BTECH & MTECH & MCA courses within the first 3000 ranks of the respective merit list in the Entrance Exam are offered freeship.
The freeship will cover only the course fee payable for the particular course of study. The freeship will not cover the expenses such as hostel accommodation, books etc.
- AICTE has introduced the scheme on tuition fee (course fees includes tuition and other fees) waiver for economically backward students enrolled to BTechcourses. The proposed scheme will be applicable only to the students with parents’ annual income (from all sources) less than Rs 4.5 lakhs. AICTE scholarships are subject to availability and will not exceed 5% of the total intake.
- As the number of scholarship has been considered based on the intake of the particular BTech branch, if any student changes the branch in the second year then he/she is not eligible for the scholarship.
In pursuance of the policy framework for promotion of post graduate education and research in Engineering & Technology of MHRD, AICTE provides financial assistance to the GATE qualified students enrolled for MTech courses.
MERIT CUM MEANS BASED SCHOLORSHIP
- Financial assistance will be given to pursue degree and/or post graduate level technical and professional courses from a recognized institution. Maintenance allowance will be credited to the student’s account. The course fee will be paid by the State Department directly to the institute concerned.
- Students who get admission to a college to pursue technical/professional courses, on the basis of a competitive examination will be eligible for the scholarship.
- Students who get admission in technical/professional courses without facing any competitive examination will also be eligible for scholarship. However, such students should have not less than 50% marks at higher secondary/graduation level. Selection of these students will be done strictly on merit basis.
- Continuation of the scholarship in subsequent years will depend on successful completion of the course during the preceding year.
- A scholarship holder under this scheme will not avail any other scholarship/stipend for pursuing the course.
- The annual income of the beneficiary/parent or guardian of beneficiary should not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh from all sources.
- The state department will advertise the scheme every year latest by 31st March and receive the application through the concerned institutions.
- After scrutinizing the applications, the state department will prepare a consolidated budget for all eligible students and send an application in the prescribed pro-forma for release of fund from the Ministry of Minority Affairs for distribution of scholarship giving the details of each students viz. name, permanent address, telephone number, annual course fee, name & address of institute, whether hostler or day-scholar, etc.
- The application for release of fund from the state department must be received in the Ministry by 30th of September every year.
- The state department will maintain separate bank account and records relating to the funds received from the Ministry and they will be subjected to inspection by the officers of the Ministry or any other agency designated by the Ministry.
- The fund for distribution of scholarship in subsequent year will be released after receiving the utilization certificate for the previous year. Annual inspection by the officers of the Ministry or any other agencies designated by the Ministry will also be carried out.
- 30% scholarship will be reserved for girls of each minority community in a state which is transferable to male student of that community in case of non-availability of female candidate in that community in the concerned state.
- If the target for distribution of scholarship to a particular minority community in a state/UT is not fulfilled, it will be distributed among the same minority community of other States/UTs strictly in accordance with the merit.
- A student residing in a particular State/UT will be entitled for scholarship under the quota of that State/UT only irrespective of his place of study.
- The number of scholarship has been fixed state-wise on the basis of minority population of the states/UTs. Within the state-wise allocations, the applications from reputed institutions will be exhausted first. The list of such institutions will be made available by the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- The scheme will be evaluated at regular intervals and the cost of the evaluation will be borne by the Ministry of Minority Affairs under the provision of the scheme. An additional provision of 3% of the total budget will be made to meet the administrative and allied costs viz. expenditure on monitoring of the scheme, impact study, evaluation study, purchase of office equipments, engaging of contract employees, if necessary and other expenditure to run the cell etc. This will be shared between the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India and the State Governments/UT Administration.
CH MUHAMMEDKOYA SCHOLARSHIP
Rate and Number of Scholarships:
Under Graduates: Rs. 4,000/- per annum (3,000 Nos).
Post Graduates: Rs. 5,000/- per annum (1,000 Nos).
Professional Courses: Rs. 6,000/- per annum (1,000 Nos).
Hostel Stipend: Rs. 12,000/- per annum (2,000 Nos).
THOSE WHO ARE ELIGIBLE FOR HOSTEL STIPEND WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR SCHOLARSHIP.
Should belong to MUSLIM , Latin, Converted Christian community and should be a native of Kerala.
Should be a GIRL student studying for the first year of Graduation or Higher courses in Govt./ Aided Institution.
students who got admission to Self financing colleges from merit seat are also eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Should have scored 50% or above in the qualifying Examination.
Family Annual income should not exceed 4.50 Lakhs.
CENTRAL SECTOR SCHOLARSHIP
Rate of Scholarship: Under Graduate Students: Rs.1000/- per month for (Subject to a Maximum of Rs. 10,000/- for an academic year) and Rs. 2000/- per month for Post-Graduate studies (Subject to a Maximum of Rs. 20,000/- for an academic year), provided they are selected for Scholarship at UG level.
Professional Courses: Rs.1000/- per month for the first three years (Subject to a Maximum of Rs. 10,000/- for an academic year) and Rs. 2000/- per month for the 4th and 5th years of study (Subject to a maximum of Rs. 20,000/- for an academic year).
(ii) Applicant should be pursuing any Regular Course at Under-Graduate Degree level in any recognized Educational Institution, including Professional Courses such as Medical, Engineering etc. Students pursuing Parallel/ Private Registration/ Correspondence/ Distance Education courses are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Parental income Both Father and Mother should not exceed Rs 6 lakhs per annum for the financial year ending March 2013
(iv) Applicant should not be availing any other scholarships/ Financial Assistance.
Scheduled Castes and other eligible Communities:
Lumpsum grant, Monthly stipend (day scholars) ABLC + Pocket Money (hostelers) Reimbursement of Tuition Fee, Special fee and examination fee in full without income limit.
For +1 and +2 Monthly stipend, reimbursement of special fee and exam fee subject to income limit
For Degree Courses
Reimbursement of tuition fee, special fee and exam fee subject to income limit.
For PG and Professional courses Lump sum grant, monthly stipend , Reimbursement of tuition fee, special fee and exam subject to income limit
Others: For +1 and +2 Reimbursement of special fee and exam fee, subject to income limit
For degree courses Reimbursement of tuition fee, Special fee and exam fee subject to income limit.
For PG and Professional Courses : Lump sum grant, monthly stipend , reimbursement of tuition fee, special fee and exam fee subject to income limit.
Fee is sanctioned once in an Academic year and paid to institution’s Account.
LSG is sanctioned once in a year, stipend and mess Charges are sanctioned are credited to students bank Account.
'LIC GOLDEN JUBILEE SCHOLARSHIP'
- above Candidates who have passed Class XII exam or equivalent in the Academic year 2014-15 with at least 60% marks or equivalent grade and annual income of whose parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed ` 1,00,000/- per annum.
- An amount of `10,000/- per annum will be awarded to the selected candidate which is payable in ten monthly installments of ` 1,000/- each. The Scholarship amount will be transferred to Bank Account of the selected scholar through NEFT. Therefore in case the candidate is selected for scholarship, the Bank Account details and IFSC code are compulsory.
CONDITIONS FOR SCHOLARSHIP
(i) Scholarship shall be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 60% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed `1,00,000/- per annum.
(ii) Selection of LIC Scholar will be on the basis of merit and family background such as percentage of marks in class 12th /10th and annual income of the family. Eligible Students having the lowest income shall be given preference in the ascending order.
(iii) The candidate should secure more than 55%marks in professional streams and 50% marks in graduation courses in Arts/Science/Commerce or equivalent grade in the previous final examination of the course for which scholarship is awarded, failing which the scholarship will be discontinued.
(iv) Scholarship shall not be given to more than one student in a family.
(v) The students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick shall be decided by the competent authority of the school/college/university.
(vi) Income certificate should be on self-certification basis by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper for self-employed parents and from employer for employed parents supported by documents (from revenue department) such as land held in the name of parents.
(vii) If a student violates any terms and conditions of the scholarship, the scholarship may be suspended or cancelled.
(viii) If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement/certificates, his/her scholarship shall be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid shall be recovered, at the discretion of the concerned Divisional Administration of LIC.|
(ix) LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation will lay down the detailed procedure for processing and sanctioning of scholarships to eligible students.
(x) The scheme shall be evaluated at regular intervals by the LIC GJF.
(xi) The regulations can be changed at any time at the discretion of the Board of Trustees of LICGJF.
VIDYA SAMUNNITHI SCHOLORSHIP
Kerala State Welfare Corporation for Forward Community offers Vidya Samunnathi Scholarship for students studying for professional courses.
- Annual income of family should be less than Rs.2 lakh based on all sources.
- Must be belongs to non-reservation forward community and a resident of Kerala.
Scholarship amount: Rs.7000/- per year.
CHAIRMAN'S MUSALIAR SCHOLARSHIP
- For very economically backward OBC, SC, ST and Forward Community
- For students with outstanding merit in all subjects
- For outstanding sports persons with state level participation
- For students who secured state, national awards in language subject proficiency
Students those who receive government or other scholarships are not eligible under the above category.
2 no – meritorious students (Through Muslim Jamat, PTA)
1no: meritorious (non Muslim students) Through NSS, SNDP, Churches or other organizations
1 no: Meritorious SC, ST students
1 no: meritorious girl student irrespective of community
# Terms and conditions apply. ** Rights of final decision reserved with the Musaliar Education Trust.
## Musaliar Education Trust reserves the right to make changes without prior notice.
Students Insurance scheme
Students of admission to BTech courses are insured by college against accidents death, permanent disablement, etc with New India assurance company Ltd owned by government of India. In case of parents/guardians death due to accidents tuitions fees up to Rs50,000/- will be covered.