Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) is a Premier Indian Society for Teachers and Students of the Technical Education System. ISTE membership is a powerful and meaningful way for educators to connect with peers, to gather in a variety of forums to share the challenges and excitement of teaching, and to be part of a community that leads the transformation of education. ISTE is a Professional Society giving more than 50 National and Regional Awards to Institutions, Teachers and Students for innovation and excellence in various areas of Engineering and Technology .ISTE represents more than 100,000 education leaders and emerging leaders throughout the world and informs its members regarding educational issues of national and global scope. Being the only national organization of educators in the field of Engineering and Technology, ISTE effectively contributes in various missions of the Union Government. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, CTE/DST/MIT/State Govts. Are well associated with the ISTE for programs relating to technical education. ISTE members include individuals, affiliate organizations, and corporations:
- 18,500 individual members from more than 80 countries worldwide
- 80 affiliate organizations
- 6 affiliate regions worldwide
- 60 corporations worldwide
ISTE mission is to advance the excellence in learning and teaching through innovative and effective uses of technology. ISTE consists of diverse worldwide community of educational leaders actively creating a world in which all learners can achieve their creative and intellectual potential. The major objective of the ISTE is to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industries and other organizations. ISTE membership helps to develop and communicate advocacy positions and a compelling rationale that supports effective use of technology in education. It provides up-to-date information about emerging policy issues and opportunities for action.
1. To formulate the general goals & responsibilities of technical education.
2. To adjust curriculum & educational processes to changing conditions.
3. To develop effective teachers & educational administrators.
4. To improve instructional methods & practices & administrative usages.
5. To enhance professional ideals & standards.
6. To foster research as a function complementary to teaching.
7. To bring about effective linkage between technical institutions industry & society.
8. To award Honorary fellowships, Awards and Prizes, for furthering the objectives of Technical Education.
Musaliar College of Engineering &Technology holds the ISTE Institution Membership with IM 1857 with effect from 2010. ISTE chapter Musaliar college of Engineering& Technology (KE 061 and KE 063) was established on 2010 and is an active chapter under ISTE Kerala Section.
Following are the office bearers of institutional ISTE Chapter.
Chairman: - Dr.Abdul Rasheed A, Principal, Musaliar College of Engineering &Technology
Secretary Cum: - Mrs Leena V P,AssociateProfessor,CivilEgineering
Member: Prof.Ninan Chacko, HoD, Mechanical Engineering
- Soumyalatha D.Associate professor, Mechanical Engineering.
- Sarathraj, Associate Professor, Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- Sriranjini.K, Associate Professor, Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- Blessy Rehman, Assistant Professor, Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- Ciya Poulose, Associate Professor, Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- Anjali. S, Assistant Professor, Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- Lijesh L, , Associate Professor, Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- Nidiya Habeeb, Associate Professor, Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- Juby Raju, Associate Professor, Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- Saju. A, Associate Professor, Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- Rajani S, Associate Professor, Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- Simi. I , Associate Professor, Computer Science & Engineering..