The concept of UNAI was introduced and implemented in MCET by our Principal: Dr. Jubilant J Kizhakkethottam. The inauguration of The Musaliar College UNAI - ASPIRE Chapter, Kerala Forum of United Nations Academic Impact (KFUNAI) and the state level three day Camp, was held at Musaliar College of Engineering and Technology (MCET), Pathanamthitta on July 10th to July 12th, 2015. The camp, based on the vision of the UNAI was organized by UNAI Chapter of MCET in collaboration with KFUNAI. It was designed to provide theoretical and practical training to young participants, who try to imbibe the ten basic principles of UNAI.
VISION AND MISSION
In the words of United Nations Secretary General Ban-Ki-Moon: “The Academic Impact aims to generate a global movement of minds to promote a new culture of intellectual social responsibility. It is animated by a commitment to certain bedrock principles. Among them: freedom of inquiry, opinion and speech; educational opportunity for all; global citizenship; sustainability; and dialogue.”
Furthermore, UNAI aims to support the realization of the millennium development goals focusing on the reciprocal relationship between education and sustainable development.
- Learn about UNAI principles and explore creative ideas using the concept of UNAI as a tool to inspire change in a variety of development areas.
- Develop an intellectual networking.
- Promote diversity and social inclusions.
- Reflect their own perspective and approaches to development.
- Share strategies, approaches, and best practices through the concept of UNAI.
- Design an action plan to develop, implement and evaluate UNAI programmes in their communities.